Monday, November 29, 2010

Your reflection/learning's on Technopreneurship 1 (at least 2000 words)

I really learned so much in Technopreneurship 1. I am confident during the first lessons because I thought I already knew the subject that much but not until it was taught and edified by our Facilitator Mr. Gamboa.
I was amazed that the world is really changing and the people are adaptive to it. From the two words combined “Technology” and “Entrepreneurship” which literally means business we can come up with the term “TECHNOPRENEURSHIP” a business with the application of technology.
During the first lessons the SEED model was introduced to us which very
significant in the field of business.

In creating a business, each Technopreneur should consider many things including his/her Best, Love and Irritancies. A technopreneur should also regard the people in the community- what is they want and need, the events and calamities in the society that can be summed up to opportunities. Many businesses now are arising for money-making purposes but it’s not just that, the need of the people in a certain society should be highly regarded.

We’ve had a film viewing entitled “THE PIRATES OF THE SILICON VALLEY” which depicts about the life story of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and what are their contributions in the computer industry. I was overwhelmed about the story of Steve Jobs. He was raised by poster parents who were not able to have their own child so they adopted him. He was born out of an unwed, young couple who were not ready to have him, so they decided to let him be adopted. He grew up being supported by his parents, but not all the time he was being supported fully in terms of financial phase. He struggled so much in his student life that it drive him to dropped out form his university and start thinking what would be the best to be done. He took up calligraphy after dropping out and then starts scrutinizing electrical and technical substances that leads him to create a masterpiece which is called “computer”. He is gifted. He is intelligent, self sufficient and confident. I think his family background really affect his character and attitude. He was determined to make something different, something great and something big. And there he goes! He really became successful. He was able to land a company “Apple” which is now a leading company and computer and high tech gadget supplier. He rapidly became a top technopreneur in a very short time, perhaps it is because he was so determined to make a difference and it really does clicked in the word of technopreneurship. He was at the peak of his success when it suddenly brought him down. He was fired up form his own company due to his own folly. He was fried in his own oil. When the time that Steve Jobs was on his edge, Bill Gates came into the scene. He was so wise that he stole some ideas and creations that are not his (including those of Steve Jobs) and claiming it’s his masterpiece. Bravo for Him! Because of that he became the richest man in the world. Their story is like a marry-go-round. Well, the miseries of Steve Jobs did not last not long. He swiftly goes up, he rapidly go down, now he rose up again and now being one of the most successful Technopreneur in the whole wide world. Surely, I can say that he had a very interesting life.

During also in our previous lessons in Technopreneurship 1, we were tested about our individual personality traits. We were required to get an examination about EQ, IQ, and AQ.
EQ stands for Emotional Quotient which tests us about our emotion towards circumstances, people and events. Of course IQ which stands for Intelligence Quotient which test and tell about a person’s intellectual capacities and capabilities. It assess about your knowledge that can be either general information or logical aptitudes and solving mathematical equations. And lastly AQ which stands for Adversity Quotient that test about how to respond and how to react in a certain situation. This assessment tells about how you deal with situation when are present and how to respond in every adverse happening and an extremely unfavorable experience or event.
Definitely, the result of my Emotional Quotient is high that stresses that I can be a good business owner and employer someday. In my Intelligence Quotient I got an average score which depicts that I am not good in generating new ideas, that means I should hire some smart men and let them think and to my weak part for the improvement and success of my future company. In my Adversity Quotient, I got also a high score which means, I can easily cope up with various situations against people or circumstances.

We were also required to create business ideas and make a proposal for it, make a slideshow and present it to the class. For how many times we were rejected. We really tried our bests, together with my group mates, we let our magical imagination imagine and think of a business that will really click in the future and would really catch the attention of every customer. I really admit it was so hard and difficult for us. Then as weeks and months go by, we were blessed by the LORD that our proposal was immediately approved by our Facilitator and he liked it! He liked our “I See Blind Stick” which is a walking stick intended for blinds. It will guide them and has a voice command when tells when to turn, left or right. It is automated to look for free spaces to be passed by and detects barriers or such big stones that is blocking the way, so I guess it is so very useful.

So in totality, I had really a great time last semester. I had enjoyed a lot. I like our Facilitator facilitates us. And I think I have much to show what I’ve got and what I have learned in Techno 1. Hope that I could really pertain it in my Future Technopreneur corn field by the help of the MOST HIGH, Heavenly Father. weeeeehhh! Thank you LORD JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment